[Eosc-life-wp3] Fwd: RFC: EOSC-Life WP7 Resource Allocation Process v0.5

Friederike Schmidt-Tremmel friederike.schmidt-tremmel at elixir-europe.org
Thu Oct 10 08:07:13 BST 2019

Hi All,

forwarded on behalf of WP7.
Best,

Friederike

——
Hi,

As part of our ongoing work in WP7, please find online a draft of the
EOSC-Life Resource Allocation Process v0.5 that is under a request for
comments stage.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RrvNrxbeU_2zTJZ8YRUtZM8NuvwCgMAuqnWSMTiKd_k/edit?usp=sharing

We would like to welcome any comments or changes you would like to make
to the process description and/or application form. There will also be a
point of discussion around this process at the EOSC-Life retreat at the
end of the month.

The main features of this process are:

  * Assumes a scientific review will occur in WP3 as part of the science
    demonstrators
  * A procedure to triage technical resource application requirements
  * A fast-track process (Decision in 9 days) for small requests
  * A resource allocation process for medium to large requests
  * Support for different resource providers: Partners, Third-Party,
    Commercial
  * Appendix 1: Resource Application Form

We are sure we will not get this right the first time, but hopefully
with your help we will be able to get it to a stage where most of us are
happy with the resource allocation process for EOSC-Life.

Thanks
§ Susheel

—
Dr Susheel Varma | ELIXIR Competence Centre PM (EOSC-Hub)
susheel.varma at ebi.ac.uk | +44 (0)122 349 4385
EMBL-EBI | Wellcome Genome Campus | South Building
Hinxton | Cambridgeshire | CB10 1SD | United Kingdom
——