[Eosc-life-wp4] EOSC-Life WP4 workshop on pseudo/anonymisation

Helen Parkinson parkinso at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 7 18:20:19 GMT 2019

Dear all,

 From WP1, I'd be looking for the following

1. Best practice, exemplars and training pointers to de-identification
of source data for multiple data types, genomic, to clinical - as
Jan-Willem says - hard to see why this is done in the cloud when our
experience is that by the time we get it this has already happened for
the use cases we can think of. If there are cases where this is
typically done in cloud, worth documenting the cases when this is true.

2. Encryption standards as 1.

I am sorry I can't join tomorrow,

thanks

Helen

On 07/11/2019 18:11, Boiten, Jan-Willem (Lygature) wrote:

> Hi Serena/Christian,
>
> I would think that EOSC services for deidentification would not really
> make sense. The data needs to be deidentified before uploading. There
> might be some strategies around this, but I don’t see the use cases
> yet. And that’s where it should start in my view: why would you want
> to upload the data identifying and only deidentify in the cloud? I
> would be happy to discuss tomorrow, but I am only available for the
> first 30 minutes.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jan-Willem

Helen Parkinson, PhD
Team Leader - Samples, Phenotypes and Ontologies
Head of Molecular Archives
European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton