[Eosc-life-wp4] EOSC-Life WP4 workshop on pseudo/anonymisation

Petr Holub petr.holub at bbmri-eric.eu
Fri Nov 8 07:16:46 GMT 2019

Dear Jan-Willem, Christian, all,

it really depends on the setup of the whole environment - it could actually make sense in scenarios, where the cloud is not a generic public cloud, but it is a contracted cloud service that allows the data controller (or more generally data source) to virtually extend their capacities while keeping the cloud logically private. If some deidentification or anonymization service is provided as a part of such setup, it would work fine, because the provcedure would be implemented before the data is released by the controller for a particular purpose.

Similarly, you have the concept of trusted third parties to do pseudonymization - in the context of rare diseases, the EUPID service is expected to be used for EJP RD for instance, in order to generate linkable pseudonyms. It is conceptually similar setup.

Cheers,
Petr

Assoc. Prof. RNDr. Petr Holub, Ph.D.
Senior IT/Data Protection Manager

BBMRI-ERIC  | Neue Stiftingtalstrasse 2/B/6 |  8010 Graz | AUSTRIA
Phone: +43 316 34 99 17-18  | Fax: +43 316 34 99 17-99 | Mobile: +43 664 88 72 18 77