[Eosc-life-wp4] FAIR Enough? workshop - Minutes & material

Serena BATTAGLIA Serena.BATTAGLIA at ecrin.org
Tue Sep 17 14:57:20 BST 2019

Dear all,

Thanks again for your enthusiastic participation and the very constructive and useful discussion. I would like to highlight the momentum we got and insist on the importance of sharing with the group any relevant achievements and events of your respective activities, as well as your ideas and suggestions for an efficient collaboration.

You will find enclosed a short report of the workshop, with the link to the slides and additional material received:

-          The Portuguese plan from big data to smart health and AI

-          The FAIR4Health deliverable on policies (public)

-          BBMRI's data protection policy for cancer cohorts

-          The CORBEL papers on patient-level data sharing (Ohmann et al.) and on repositories for clinical data (Banzi et al.)

-          The EOSC-Pilot White Paper on Ethics

-          The ENVRIFAIR deliverable on systematic review of FAIR implementation choices (not public yet) - please do not distribute it outside this recipient list

-          A paper on Ontology-based access control for FAIR Data (in press) - please do not distribute it outside this recipient list

If you have any other material you would like to share please do not hesitate to send it and I will update the folder.

Also, if you want to be part of the working group 'Turning FAIR into reality' mentioned in the minutes (action n. 5) please let us know by the end of September. It would be great to have representatives of FAIR4Health and GoFAIR on board.

We agreed to organise a follow-up meeting around March 2020; we will try to decide date and venue as soon as possible.

All the best,
Serena & Michaela

Serena Battaglia, PhD
Capacity Project Manager