[Eosc-life-wp4] Preparation asked: EOSC-Life WP4 taskforce multimodal data

Boiten, Jan-Willem (Lygature) janwillem.boiten at lygature.org
Sun Jan 19 17:21:45 GMT 2020

Dear all,

This Thursday we will have the opportunity to meet face2face as a kick-off for the EOSC-life WP4 working group around multimodal data (January 23rd 13:30-15:30). Please find below and attached the information that has been shared before regarding this session.

The primary goal of the Thursday meeting will be a scoping exercise. Where should we focus on in this task to become most effective and impactful?

As a preparation for this meeting I would like to ask you to think of one use case in this area that we could use as an exemplar to work out the guidance expected from us. The use case should be:

  *   Multimodal, i.e. requiring multiple, distinctly different, biomedical data types
  *   Using, or planning to use, significant cloud resources
  *   Preferably be a sizeable project, either national or (preferably) spanning multiple countries
If you wish you can introduce the use case in 1-2 slides.

When we can discuss a few of these potential use cases in Paris, it should allow us to identify the common denominators where we should focus on in this task.

Looking forward to meet you all in Paris,

Jan-Willem