[Eosc-life-wp9] FAIRsFAIR Webinar 23rd of June: Integrating FAIR Data Science Competencies in Higher Education Curricula: the Role of Academic and Research Libraries

Celia van Gelder celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl
Thu Jun 11 16:11:37 BST 2020

Dear colleague,

Forwarded message on behalf of FAIRsFAIR about a webinar that might be of
interest to you

Please note that ELIXIR was also contributing. See a.o. Annex 3 of the
report, where the Focus Group meeting in November 2019 in Amsterdam is
mentioned.  I presented the ELIXIR Data Management & Stewardship work.

Best
Celia

----------------------

Dear colleagues,

FAIRsFAIR <https://www.fairsfair.eu/> is organizing a set of stakeholders
webinars with organisations which develop and offer Open Science and FAIR
data education and training. Data collected through FAIRsFAIR and published
in the “FAIR in European Higher Education”
<https://zenodo.org/record/3629683#.XtEP3DozaUk> report confirms that
research and academic libraries are usually the main partner in the
provision of training and support for research data management inside
universities. The data also shows that universities are very interested in
advancing data science/management competencies at bachelor, master and
doctoral stage.

The webinar on the 23rd of June
<https://fairsfair.eu/events/integrating-fair-data-science-competencies-higher-education-curricula-role-academic-and>,
jointly organized with the LIBER Digital Skills for Library Staff &
Researchers Working Group co-chairs, seeks to identify and discuss possible
approaches to move forward in this area between participants from the LIBER
community and FAIRsFAIR.

More information:
https://fairsfair.eu/events/integrating-fair-data-science-competencies-higher-education-curricula-role-academic-and

Kind regards,

Dr Marjan Grootveld

Coordinator Projects and Policy

+31(0)6 12 10 15 14

Skype: mgrootveld1

*DANS: Netherlands Institute for Permanent Access to Digital Research
Resources*

Anna van Saksenlaan 51 | 2593 HW The Hague | +31 70 349 44 50 |
info at dans.knaw.nl | dans.knaw.nl <http://www.dans.knaw.nl/>

DANS is an institute of the Dutch Academy KNAW and funding organisation NWO.

*DANS has been driven by data for 15 years. Curious about what we did and
are going to do? Please click here!
<https://dans.knaw.nl/en/current/news/dans-turns-15-years-old>*

*Wint u de Nederlandse Dataprijs 2020? Kijk voor meer informatie online
<https://researchdata.nl/diensten/dataprijs>. Nomineren kan deze maand nog.*

Dr. Celia W.G. van Gelder

Programme Manager DTL Learning

Training Coordinator ELIXIR-NL

ELIXIR Training Platform Leader

tel. +31613375327

e-mail: celia.van.gelder at dtls.nl

websites: https://www.dtls.nl/,
https://www.elixir-europe.org/platforms/training

skype: celia.van.gelder

Office: DTL | Jaarbeurs Innovation Mile (JIM) | 6th floor
Beatrixgebouw | Jaarbeursplein 6 | 3521 AL Utrecht
Postal address: Postbus 8500 | 3503 RM Utrecht

While I may be sending this email outside my normal office hours, I have no
expectation to receive a reply outside yours.